"Should I hire a web designer?"
It's a valid question, so I'm going to make this decision easier for you! Here are some equally valid reasons to DIY or hire a designer.
Do It Yourself
- You have some technology background and you aren't afraid of trying something new because you like learning (learning curves don't scare you)
- You want to be in control of the whole process
- You have extra time to devote to it
- You can design, do graphics, copy and photography
- You have a strong ideas/vision and can get from A to Z by yourself
Hire A Designer
- The idea of learning one more computer thingy gives you anxiety
- You don't have the time
- You may not be design savvy and are big enough to admit it!
- You have no concrete idea what you want but you know the direction you want to go in (you have an idea but aren't sure how to execute it)
- You know exactly what you want, have all the content but just need someone's tailored eye to bring it all together
- You have a go-to expert when your site is done
- Peace of mind your site is technologically sound (SEO, quality content, responsive, well done overall)